To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Monday 28 February 2011

Day twentynine, Sunday 27th February, still at sea

And it isn’t being very nice to us.  It’s been getting steadily rougher since we left Antigua. Today the captain described it as “very rough”.  The waves are quite awesome I suppose, and the wind is giving it some, so much that the decks have been closed off to save us getting blown overboard. Not pleasant really. I don’t like sitting inside, but you cannot really sit outside.  Never mind, the captain promises it’ll be better tomorrow.  Let’s hope so.
The reason I didn’t put the pics on on Friday was because the internet was playing us up, and yesterday I didn’t blog because the seasick pills make me sleepy, and I was in bed straight after the show.   Hopefully they’ll all go on today.
I’ve not done a lot over the last couple of days, except maybe sleep, I’ve listened to one of Moss’s bird talks, watched the new acts at showtime of an evening, and caught the tail end of the pianists classical show this afternoon.   I also went to see the Rosario Trio yesterday afternoon, - they were really good.
The “Rosario Trio” is a group is made up of a violinist, guitar player and a double base player.  When we were on the Braemar, there was a Rosario trio, but it was made up of completely different people to the one we have here on the Boudicca - they played background music. The trio here on the Boudicca plays of an evening outside the restaurants and is enjoyed by the people waiting to go in for second sitting, as well as those in the bar having a drink.  The trio enjoy what they do, and encourage people to join in when they sing or dance about a bit, they are very popular.  So popular in fact, that the passengers asked the management if the trio could have a show on the main stage.  The wish was granted, and they played to a full lounge yesterday afternoon.  As I said, they were really good.  So good that many of the audience gave them a standing ovation. (The night-time entertainers who are no doubt paid a lot more money don’t often get that).  They seemed to love the opportunity, and the audience really enjoyed the show.
Anyway, thas me for now.  Hopefully I’ll manage to the pics from Friday, and the one’s I’ve chosen today onto the blog.

All the pictures below were taken on our riverboat journey from Manaus on 14th February







No comments:

Post a Comment