To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Saturday 26 February 2011

Day twentyseven, Friday 25th February, Seadays, one down five to go

I have very little to tell you about today.  The sea swell has had the ship moving quite a bit all day, and loads of people have been feeling unwell.  I’ve taken a couple of seasickness tablets myself.  In my case it was more prevention than cure, and it worked, I’ve been fine. (Mebbe I would have been fine anyway, who knows?).  Peter of course is fine.  That man has a stomach made of cast iron, I swear.
So, because of the sea and its effects, I’ve done very little, except doze  (cos the pills make me sleepy).  I helped in Peter’s class again, but only 38 today –(the sea is making its presence known), then up on deck for a laze in the Atlantic sun. Not too bright this afternoon, and very windy, blew all the cobwebs away.
Formal night tonight, so I’ve got Sophie’s posh frock on again, and we watched the Boudicca show company do “Licence to thrill”.  I was really impressed with the singers, they did good.  We went to the Lido Lounge after that to listen to Pat Logan for a bit, then we took part in the “who am I?” quiz.  We got 16 out of 20, and Peter came up with all the answers.
For other info, Peter has been painting scenes from the Amazon, which have proved to be popular, and he’s also produced a painting for the ships charity auction on the 28th Feb.  And because it’s a sea day and I can, I’ve added a load of pictures from the city of Santarem and the village of Boca Do Valeria on the Amazon, we were there on 12th and 13th Feb.



Riverside at Santarem.



Street in Santarem



Boca Do Valeria



View of Boca Do Valeria from Church door

No comments:

Post a Comment