To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Thursday 7 February 2013

Tuesday 5th February – Sea day


Actually, it’s our 3rd sea day since leaving Barbados.  And we’ve been pretty chilled to be honest.  Peter has done a few more paintings as they have been selling like the proverbial hotcakes.  I nagged him to paint a monkey from Isle De Salut, which he did.  Since I commissioned it, I get to keep it if it doesn’t sell.  (Fingers crossed).

Since it’s a sea day, I thought I’d talk about passengers.  I have to say, the women on here have enlightened me in the art of growing old, and how not to do it. (See these cruises are not just for fun, they can be educational.)  Trying to counteract the effects of age can have mixed results, and on a ship with several hundred women over sixty, you get to see the full spectrum from effective to downright scary.

 I’ve decided that wigs are not the way to go, nor is pinky red curly hair.  Bikini’s are not attractive, not matter how good the figure, since most of the skin exposed is..............  How shall I put it? ...........    Hmmmmmmm...........Crinkly!  Protecting less than pert boobs from accidental but total exposure is a must, especially as it has a sort of car crash attraction when the people around can see it is going to happen.  And retaining the hairstyle you had when you were 16 is also not a good idea.  (I mean.......Pigtail plaits?  Honestly?)

The ultimate crash comes from a lady who suffers from curvature of the spine, aged (wrinkly) skin, and a rather large nose. These in themselves are not scary.  What is scary is the thick (and actually glorious), mass of long hair dyed jet black on top.  The whole image just needs a broom and a peaked hat.  No matter how good the hair, methinks maybe it should be toned down, just a little. But then, maybe I shouldn’t judge.  Me, mirrors and hairbrushes don’t get together very often. I think I could give Wurzel Gummidge a run for his money most days.

Just to prove the point, the photo’s on this post are from a “formal” night.  As you can see, Peter looks good, despite the fact he hates the bow tie.  I’m sorry about my picture, it was either this one on the one where my eyes are closed.  I’m not really growling at you, honest. (And see what I mean about hairbrushes).

Another sea day tomorrow.   Let’s see what that brings.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. You both look so suntanned and happy!

    ReplyDelete