To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Saturday 31 October 2015

Sea day

So today is a sea day.  Last night was formal night and everyone got dressed in their posh togs and most of the passengers attended the captain's cocktail party, getting to meet him personally.

This captain has really surprised us to be honest - because he's English.  It is so unusual the hear the captain's address over the tannoy system without an accent.  He also joined us for the entertainers get to together on the second night, and seems a really down to earth and pleasant man.  I can't ever remember meeting the captain of any of the ships we have previously sailed on.

Because it is formal night, we were served 'a la carte' in the Veranda Restaurant, which is normally a buffet, with complimentary wine from the captain.  Peter always enjoys the wine, and even got a little merry on it.

This morning however the good mood was slightly dampened as bad weather took hold and roughed  up the sea a little. It got worse as the morning progressed, and by lunchtime, most passengers weren't in the mood to eat. This included me.  As usual, I needed to lie down to put off the queasiness, and I missed lunch too.

But Peter had his first class in the afternoon, and I knew he really preferred me to help, so I joined him at 13:30 in the Orpheus lounge to set up. There was the usual amount of chaos until he could properly begin, but then, as always, the class settled down, and everyone seemed to enjoy the lesson.  The proof is always in the number that turn up for the second class, so we'll know for sure in a couple of days time.

After that, we enjoyed a little bit more bouncing around on the waves until dinner. I confess I needed a nap, brought on by the sea sickness tablets I'd taken.  Dinner was lovely as usual, and after dinner we listened to a talk from Gervais Phinn, a very entertaining writer, although for me, I felt I was being preached at, and that the talk was a little over the top on occasion. That won't stop me going to the next one though.

So that was our sea day.  Tomorrow we have a little bit more rough sea until we reach Malta around midday. We're visiting Valetta, a place Peter and I have been before a couple if years ago..  We really enjoyed our last day there, and are looking forward to seeing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment