To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Saturday 7 January 2017

Saturday 7th January - Our 2nd Sea Day

Today I woke before our neighbours. I heard them get up, as their conversation started quietly. But it wasn't long before she was getting cross with him, although we couldn't stay and find out why, as we had to get to breakfast and then set up Peter's classes.

So, whilst Peter was busy, I've spent the morning testing my new binoculars, chatting to Robin the lecturer and his wife Chris, and taking part in the Creative Writing Class.  And this afternoon I did a bit of origami with Barbara in the craft class where I learnt to make little paper boxes, which I've since experimented a little with since and I'm pleased to say I can now make bigger paper boxes.

The day finished with a formal night.  We ummed and aaahed a little, and decided to go with it, which tends to surprise the other passengers in the Bistro, because they obviously think that it's for them that hasn't bothered dressing up, and we look a little out of place.  No matter, the chef was cooking thai stir fry to order, which  I indulged in and thoroughly enjoyed.

Since we were all dressed up, we felt we should go and watch the show.  Abba: Dancing Queen was billed for tonight, so we went at about 20 past 8, since the show was due to start at half past.  The lounge was packed to standing room only, so we binned that idea and went back to the Captain's Club.  Suffice to say I ended up reading all night.  Awesome.

Tomorrow we arrive at the first port of our itinerary - Lisbon.  We've been before, but that doesn't mean we are not looking forward to doing it again.  Best I put the book down and get some sleep then.

No comments:

Post a Comment