To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Friday 14 April 2017

Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th April on the Astoria

First of all, if you are expecting a blog post for Amsterdam, I have to admit that we never went into the city.  The ship berthed in IJmuiden, and then it was a 45 minute bus trip into the capital, but you had to be on the bus by 9.30.  Peter and I couldn't be bothered to dash around to be there in time.

We did look over the side of the ship at IJmuiden to see if it was worth going out for a walk.  Looking out under a cold grey sky at the cranes, piles of gravel and the generally dockside type surroundings we decided there was nothing for us to see, and instead had an exceptionally lazy day on board.

So that took care of Wednesday, and Thursday was a sea day, and a rough one at that.  Because I'd hardly slept the night before, (something to do with being in a new bed I think..... perhaps), I was very tired, and with the rolling of the sea, I decided I needed to lie down.  So I think I slept most of Thursday

I did manage to get a couple more pictures of the ship - here they are.

The Show Lounge.  I remember thinking it looked a little gaudy on CMVs website pictures, but it's not really.

The Sirens Bar,

No comments:

Post a Comment