To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Saturday 19 February 2011

Day twenty, Friday 18th February, Hey were going to Barbados!

Actually we’re going to Scarborough, Tobago, then Kingstown, St Vincent, then Bridgetown, Barbados.  But what’s in an island or two?
It’s another sea day and we are scurrying North around the coast of the South American continent. When I woke up this morning I didn’t feel too clever.  Although the sea is not rough, there was a definite swell thing going on, and the ship is rolling about a bit.  I didn’t bother with breakfast, slept all morning and woke at lunchtime deciding that maybe I should take a travel sickness pill. Peter worked whilst I snored. I managed some soup for lunch, and felt a little better this afternoon.
For the first time on the trip, we have had serious rain – what I mean is, we’ve had grey skies and sea and it’s been raining all day, so everyone has remained inside. It was still very warm out there though.  We think a few others have been affected by the swell, as Peter’s class numbers this afternoon were down – only 40 today. Or it might be that they’ve defected to the choir group that was set up to run at the same time?
I sat chatting to one of the dancers whilst Peter’s class was on, then we hurried to the Neptune lounge to hear Kim, the opera singer, with Magnus on the piano.  Fantastic stuff!
After that, back to the cabin to watch on the ship’s tv channel the port talk given this morning that we missed about Barbados.  (Hence the title), I am really looking forward to that visit.  I can’t decide if I want to shop, loll about on the beach, visit Harrison’s cave or go looking for stuff in the sea.  It all looks wonderful.
(By the way, our cabin is next door to a couple of the singers from the Boudicca’s dance team.  They are practising again right now- so we get to listen to it.)
I think I’m up for an evening meal tonight, so we are about to get changed for dinner.  As it’s been another, sort of uneventful day for blogging, I’ve added a few more photographs, cos I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment