To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Stage One Complete. Peter has detached from the Home location and connected to the Ship

And left me all me on me own..........  Absolutely shattered, I might add, because his poor night's sleep had a direct affect on mine. At one point he sat up, called out "TIE!" switched the light on and headed into the wardrobe, a couple of  noisy rummaging minutes later he got back into bed satisfied that he had found his ties to add to the suitcases in the morning.  Not condusive to a good night's sleep!

Frequent updates all day today meant that I was able to warn him that the Queen Elizabeth Bridge was closed (which he knew), but it was alright, because I could see his route on a map and knew he'd get off the M25 before he reached the bridge.  (Which he didn't know).

Then he rang to tell me he was in the cabin.  Yippeeeeeee!  And that it was a nice big cabin.  (Picture on his blog)  Yippeeeeeeeee! And everything was going swimmingly well.  Yippeeeeeee!

Then he rang to tell me it was not going quite as swimmingly well as first thought, because Cruise and Maritime had never had a watercolour artist on board the Marco Polo before, and were not really sure what to expect.  A bit like Peter not knowing what to expect from Cruise and Maritime I suppose.   This is going to be interesting...............................

Stage two involves getting me to Lisbon, I start my journey on Saturday, and should be able to run into Peter's arms, (like something off the movies), about midday Sunday.  Watch this space.  

1 comment:

  1. The countdown begins!

    Hope all goes well, and if you do stage a reunion like in the movies, make sure that's the only likeness to the Titanic voyage that you recreate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete