To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Friday 6 January 2017

Friday 6th January - Sea day

Friday morning I woke with someone muttering in my ear. Since I am not used to anyone but Peter talking in the bedroom, it woke me faster than any alarm could.  It was semi dark in the cabin, and it took me a minute to work out where I was.  Once I had, I realised there wasn't anyone there, the muttering was the woman in the next cabin who was complaining at her husband again!

Once they'd woke me up, Peter had to get up too.  It's the first day, and though we know the ship well, we've got to sort out Peter's classes.  He was only scheduled for one, but we knew that wouldn't be enough.  There was a muddle up with conference room usage and Peter's class got delayed, which raised his blood pressure a little.  But it all worked out in the end, and we managed to fit in two classes by 1 o'clock and everyone was happy.

This left us in the unusual position of having the whole afternoon to ourselves to fill, so we filled it with a 'short' nap of three hours.  I didn't know we were so tired!

In the evening, we ate in the Bistro as usual. The ship hadn't travelled that far south yet, and it was still pretty cold and blustery outside.  Peter and I have a preference for sitting near the windows, and we ended up sat looking out on the back deck where the smokers are provided with a relatively sheltered area. But the freezing wind still gets them, and they have to wrap up.  Peter noted the hoody now seems to be appropriate smoking apparel, and the guys outside all looked like they had escaped from Assassins Creed.

We decided not go to the evening show, on Friday and I picked up a book and started reading.  Now.  The thing about me reading is......  I don't stop.  Once I have started a book I find it very hard to put down which is why I only read when I know I have the time.  As expected, I'm now over-indulging, and Peter finds it hard to drag me out of the pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment