To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Wednesday 31 July 2024

31 July 2024 - Reykjavik, Iceland

This is the third time I've been to Reykjavik, and I was really looking forward to it. This cold is a bit of a bummer, and I didn't want to mix with people to much, so Peter got me a bacon butty from the Grill for breakfast. The plan was to walk into town from the ship, it takes about half an hour and the last time we did it, (in 2015), I really enjoyed it.

But today the weather was a bit on the dull side, and so was I, so it didn't seem quite as enjoyable as last time. But once we got to the "Recycled House", I perked up.


Apparently, it's the home of an Icelandic film director where he created stuff fir his films. It's a fantastic place and you are very welcome to wander and look around. We loved it the first time we visited, and we loved it again today.



From there, we continued the walk into the city. There is a lot to see, good views and all sorts of structures and sculptures.




And then we got to town. Basically we just wandered a little. I wasn't up to a full day of walking, so we visited the cathedral.


And then walked about the area around it. I still love the quirkiness of the place.




And then it was time to go back, we walked back to the took the shuttle bus from the Opera House (amazing building) and once back on board I spent the afternoon going through the worst of the cold, feeling properly sorry for myself. Dinner in the cabin again and a good night's sleep needed - tomorrow is a sea day, and I will need to help Peter with his classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment