To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Friday 27 May 2022

Friday 27th May - Dolphins and "Oh those bridge players"

Up as usual for the registration, then breakfast, then back to the stateroom for a quick cuppa on the balcony. 

And Peter spotted the dolphins, quite a big pod, easily 20 or 30 of them made their way to cross the path of the ship in front of us.  I remember someone yesterday saying no matter how many you see, you never get tired of dolphins.  He was right, and we watched with delight as they leapt out of the water in 2's and 3's. We wanted to get photos but you know how it is, by the time we'd manage to get a camera in our hand, they'd be gone.  So we stayed and enjoyed the sight.

Classes have fallen into a well behaved routine, so once everyone had settled, I went off to explore the "Living Room" on deck 5.  Basically a large lounge where you can either have a hot drink and cake, or something alcoholic.  It's open all day, and like most things on Saga, all inclusive.  I sat down with a cup of tea and a chocolate chip cookie. (Well, I had to try it out, for Peter's sake, I needed to make sure they are something he would eat. )

Lunch and the 2nd class happened as usual.  I was reading in the library whilst Peter did his stuff, and Terena emerged from her class.  Before I say any more, I will just point out that on many of the cruises we've been on in the past, there is often bother in the card room, and it is always the bridge players.  Terena runs her craft class in the card room. 

She'd just finished her class and had come out for a couple of coffees from the machine in the library, and sat down beside me.  "I kept my cool", she said "I stood as tall as I could and did not get riled!".

It turns out that as she went into the card room for her second class, there were people playing bridge, on one of the tables.  They said they had the OK from the Cruise Director, and Terena thought, "Well, I don't need the table, so it should be alright".

That was up until the point they told her not to speak so loudly when she was teaching her class!  They wanted her to be quieter and not disturb their game.

Terena was livid!  But as she said, she kept her cool and phoned through to the Cruise Directors office.  No, they hadn't been given the OK to play during Terena's class, and no, they won't be doing it again. 

It's always the bridge players. 

After classes, Peter had quite a lot of work to do in the cabin, so I left him to it, and went on the top deck for a wander.  It wasn't as warm as yesterday, but just as empty.  As I walked I discovered there are loads of moths up there, mostly little ones, but also a nice hawk moth.  I am now in my element and look forward to moth hunting on a regular basis.  (I know, it makes me a weirdo).


Dinner in the Grill as usual.  As I've said before, it's a proper sit down, waited on meal.  I photographed the menu to give an idea.  Peter and I both had the cheese and spinach souffle, butternut squash soup, and pork, I finished with sticky toffee pudding and Peter ordered his usual mountain of icecream.  It was delicious.

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment