To get a better look, click on any picture and you should get a full screen version.

Friday 14 April 2023

Friday 14th April - Wine has a lot to answer for

It's another sea day. Peter ran his classes as usual (one at 9.30, one at 2pm). Numbers between the two have remained about the same - about 45 per day and all is well.

So nothing to report really, but I wanted to make a note about the wine and it's effects.

The ship is all inclusive - and that includes most of the wines, beers and spirits. There are certain brand names that you may have to pay for, but not much.

Wine is served with lunch and dinner. The wine waiter is constantly circulating, topping up glasses. I don't really like the stuff, and Peter only drinks it with his evening meal (wouldn't do to be pickled while teaching the afternoon class), but quite a few of the passengers imbibe - and then follow with afternoon cocktails, etc. etc.

So I will assume that it was the wine, and the other forms of alcohol that were consumed throughout the day that accounted for her behaviour. I'm talking about the woman, one of two, that we were seated with for the evening meal.

Essentially she kept hitting on Peter, despite my sitting next to him. I could have taken offence, but it seemed to me that she was a bit drunk, and I know my husband. Firstly, Peter, being Peter, isn't really aware when women are flirting with him and wouldn't respond, and secondly, we have a very, very sound relationship. He was a little uncomfortable with her trying to touch his arm, or his hair, but none the worse for experience and I didn't need to rescue him. I did tease him afterwards though.

We saw the woman in one of the lounges the next day and I wondered if she was embarrassed?

The other thing to mention is that Jools Holland is on board. He's giving a performance in the show lounge tonight, but because so many people will want to see him, passengers (and us), have been split into red and green sections. People with green tickets are watching him tonight. We have red tickets, and will watch him tomorrow night. Class eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment